The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated at an awards ceremony, followed by a drinks and canapes reception, on Monday 3rd December 2018 at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London.
We are delighted that the Rt Hon David Lammy MP will be presenting the awards and giving the annual LawWorks Lecture. The awards event will be hosted by Clive Coleman, the BBC's Legal Correspondent.
If you would like to attend the Awards ceremony and the drinks & canapes reception, please contact Peter at: [email protected]
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Access to Justice Foundation we have a special award. The Outstanding contribution to Access to Justice award recognises the individual, project or organisation who has made a significant contribution to the access to justice field during the last ten years.
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are kindly sponsored by Lexis Nexis.
Nominations are now closed.
The awards celebrate the best legal pro bono activities undertaken by organisations and individuals and the positive impact they have had on those helped. The categories for the 2018 awards are:
- Most effective pro bono partnership.
- Best contribution by a small firm.
- Best contribution by a firm with an English head office.
- Best contribution by an international firm.
- Best contribution by an in-house team or an in-house solicitor.
- Best contribution by an individual.
- Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award.
- The LawWorks Cymru Award.
- Best contribution by a pro bono clinic.
- Best new pro bono activity.
- Outstanding contribution to Access to Justice.
Judging and the awards event
Shortlisted nominees will be notified as soon as possible in advance of the Awards event held on Monday 3rd December. All of the short-listed nominees will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony and reception at the Law Society on Monday 3rd December 2018.
All nominations will be judged by an independent shortlisting and judging panel, whose decision will be final. The judging panel for the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2018 are:
- Adele Edwin-Lamerton, Chair, Junior Lawyers Division
- The Counsel General for Wales, Jeremy Miles AM
- Chris Minnoch, Operations Director, Legal Aid Practitioners Group
- Dame Janet Smith, Trustee, Access to Justice Foundation
- Paul Rogerson, Editor-in-chief, Law Society Gazette
Need to get in touch?
If you have a question about the awards, please contact:
- James Sandbach, Director of Policy and External Affairs, 020 7092 3943, or
- Peter Jackson, Communications Officer
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are sponsored by: