The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated at an Awards ceremony and reception on Tuesday 3rd December 2019 at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London.
The awards celebrate the best legal pro bono activities undertaken by organisations and individuals and the positive impact they have had on those helped.
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are kindly sponsored by Lexis Nexis.
Award categories and how to nominate
The categories for the 2019 awards are:
- Best contribution by a Small Firm
- Best contribution by a Medium Firm
- Best contribution by a Large Firm
- Best contribution by an In-house Team
- Best contribution by an Individual
- Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award
- The LawWorks Cymru Award
- Best International Pro Bono Award - in partnership with A4iD
- Best New Pro Bono Activity
- Best contribution by a pro bono clinic
- Most Effective Pro Bono Partnership
This year features a new category the 'Best International Pro Bono Award' in partnership with A4ID.
To be eligible nominees need to be a member of LawWorks (joining as of 4th October 2019), but the pro bono work does not have to be delivered through a LawWorks project, programme or clinic in the LawWorks Clinic Network. The pro bono work of clinics in the LawWorks Clinics Network can also be recognised in the appropriate categories.
Any firm, in-house team, clinic or individual can nominate itself or others for one or more of the categories listed. If you would like to make a nomination for more than one category, please complete a separate form for each nomination.
The deadline for nominations is midnight on Monday 7th October 2019.
Judging and the awards event
All of the short-listed nominees will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony at the Law Society on Tuesday 3rd December 2019.
The judging panel for the 2019 awards are:
- Amy Clowrey, Chair of the Junior Lawyers Division
- Andrea Coomber, Director, JUSTICE
- Ruth Daniel, Chief Executive, Access to Justice Foundation
- Simon Davis, President, the Law Society of England and Wales
- Jeremy Miles AM, Counsel General for Wales and Brexit Minister
- Chris Minnoch, Chief Executive, Legal Aid Practitioners Group
- Paul Rogerson, Editor-in-chief, Law Society Gazette
- Adam Tear, Chair of the Solicitors' Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Linden Thomas, President, Birmingham Law Society
Need to get in touch?
If you have a question about the awards, please contact:
- James Sandbach, Director of Policy and External Affairs, 020 7092 3943, or
- Peter Jackson, Communications Officer
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are sponsored by: