Nominations for the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2018 are open.
The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated at an awards ceremony, followed by a drinks and canapes reception, on Monday 3rd December 2018 at the Law Society, Chancery Lane, London.
We are delighted that the Rt Hon David Lammy MP will be presenting the awards and giving the annual LawWorks Lecture. The awards event will be hosted by Clive Coleman, the BBC's Legal Correspondent.
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Access to Justice Foundation we have a special award. The Outstanding contribution to Access to Justice award recognises the individual, project or organisation who has made a significant contribution to the access to justice field during the last ten years.
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are kindly sponsored by Lexis Nexis.
The closing date for nominations is Monday 8th October.
Award categories and how to nominate
The awards celebrate the best legal pro bono activities undertaken by organisations and individuals and the positive impact they have had on those helped. We would like to hear from everyone who has made a difference.
The categories for the 2018 awards are:
- Most effective pro bono partnership.
- Best contribution by a small firm.
- Best contribution by a firm with an English head office.
- Best contribution by an international firm.
- Best contribution by an in-house team or an in-house solicitor.
- Best contribution by an individual.
- Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award.
- The LawWorks Cymru Award.
- Best contribution by a pro bono clinic.
- Best new pro bono activity.
- Outstanding contribution to Access to Justice
Unless otherwise stated in the award category, to be eligible nominees need to be a member of LawWorks (joining as of 5th October 2018), but the pro bono work does not have to be delivered through a LawWorks project, programme or member of our Clinic Network.
Any firm, clinic or individual can nominate itself or others for one or more of the categories listed. If you would like to make a nomination for more than one category, please complete a separate form for each nomination..
The deadline for nominations is midnight on Monday 8th October 2018.
Judging and the awards event
Shortlisted nominees will be notified as soon as possible in advance of the Awards event held on Monday 3rd December. All of the short-listed nominees will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony and reception at the Law Society on Monday 3rd December 2018.
All nominations will be judged by an independent shortlisting and judging panel, whose decision will be final. The judging panel for the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2018 are:
- Adele Edwin-Lamerton, Chair, Junior Lawyers Division
- The Counsel General for Wales, Jeremy Miles AM
- Chris Minnoch, Operations Director, Legal Aid Practitioners Group
- Dame Janet Smith, Trustee, Access to Justice Foundation
- Paul Rogerson, Editor-in-chief, Law Society Gazette
Need to get in touch?
If you have a question about the awards, please contact:
- James Sandbach, Director of Policy and External Affairs, 020 7092 3943, or
- Peter Jackson, Communications Officer
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are sponsored by: