This session, presented by Richard Pitkethly (Head of Learning and Practice, LawWorks), looks at supervision with students and caseworkers sharing their experience. It aims to de-mystify supervision, and approach it both from the perspectives of supervisors and the supervised.
The session will be especially valuable students and volunteers who may be new to advising in clinics, and will demonstrate how effective supervision can enhance your casework skills.
Topics covered include:
- What is supervision and what it is it for?
- An introduction to supervision requirements
- Students’ and caseworkers’ perspectives and experience of supervision in a legal advice clinic setting
- Getting the most out of supervision
Thank you to our speakers:
- Simon Bruce, Dad’s House
- Professor Jane Jarman, Nottingham Trent University
- Katie Henderson, Dad’s House
- Callum Scott, Nottingham Law School, Legal Advice Centre