The LIPSS partnership, which focuses on civil justice, is funded by the Ministry of Justice and comprises the work of the following partners:
- The Access to Justice Foundation
- LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group)
- Advocate (formerly the Bar Pro Bono Unit) [note – Advocate are an unfunded partner]
- Support through Court (formerly the Personal Support Unit)
- RCJ Advice (Citizens Advice legal service)
- Law for Life (incorporating Advicenow)
The submission focuses on the positive impact that investment across a range of legal support, information and advice can make, and the demonstrable economic and social value of this support, including for improving health outcomes. It draws on recent research on the impact of the UK’s free legal advice sector on public sector finances and economic value of the free legal advice sector.