Delivered by Lisette Dupré and Carolina Marin Pedreño, Partners at Dawson Cornwell LLP. This recorded session focuses on the legal and practical consequences of Brexit for family law.
Topics covered include:
- Jurisdiction for divorce and finances following the end of the transitional period
- Recognition of divorce following the end of the transitional period
- Recognition of family law orders in EU countries, including Children Act orders
- Private international law that is applicable, especially the Hague Conventions
- Future anticipated changes, including possible accession to the Lugano Convention (2007)
Resources: Brexit for family law advisers presentation
Our thanks to Lisette Dupré and Carolina Marin Pedreño for sharing their expertise and time.