To qualify, your clinic must meet the following conditions and standards:
- Your clinic must be a free drop-in or appointment-based service that provides legal advice, delivered or supervised by legal professionals (who hold a practising certificate) to individuals who cannot afford to pay for legal assistance and/or aren't eligible for legal aid. Clients cannot be charged for this service and legal advisers must provide their time and expertise on a voluntary basis.
- The legal advice must be adequately supervised by suitably qualified and experienced legal professionals who hold a practising certificate.
- All relevant regulatory and professional standards must be met by the clinic and its volunteers.
- There must be suitable professional indemnity insurance in place for the advice provided by volunteers through the clinic.
- Each clinic must provide statistics to LawWorks annually in January (further information about how and why we collect data can be found here)
- Clinic coordinators must inform LawWorks of any changes to the clinic service and operating times, which will be reflected in the clinic search function, and maintain up to date coordinator contact details.
- Upon registration you will be subscribed to our monthly 'Clinics Update'. Please contact the Clinics team if you would like to be removed from this mailing list.
If you have any questions about these requirements or would like to speak to a member of the clinics team before making an application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org