Date last reviewed
The content of this video is accurate as at August 2021
Running time: 19 mins
Who should watch this?
You should watch this video if you are a charity or other not-for-profit organisation carrying out an internal equality, diversity and inclusion audit.
What does the video cover?
- An overview of the Equality Act 2010;
- Protected characteristics under the Act;
- Prohibited behaviours under the Act;
- Types of discrimination;
- Who is liable under the Act;
- Reducing the risk of liability; and
- Charitable and other exceptions to the Act.
LawWorks, the presenters, and the organisations involved in producing these resources cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the use of the materials and they are not a substitute for taking appropriate legal advice.