Date last reviewed
The content of this video is accurate as at September 2020.
Running time: 30 mins
Who should watch this?
You should watch this video if you are a charity looking to buy or sell property.
What does the video cover?
- Why charity property transactions are different from other types of transaction;
- The differences between incorporated and unincorporated charities when it comes to property transactions;
- The importance of considering charitable purposes/objects;
- The "best value" principle when disposing of charity property; and
- Considerations for charities when buying property.
LawWorks, the presenters, and the organisations involved in producing these resources cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the use of the materials and they are not a substitute for taking appropriate legal advice.