Who should watch this?
Watch this if you are a charitable trust, unincorporated association, company limited by guarantee or a CIO and want to know what issues to consider when changing your governing document or constitution.
The content of this video is accurate as at September 2017.
What does the video cover?
The video will cover questions such as:
- Do I need to tell the Charity Commission about the changes?
- How much time should I allow to make the changes?
- What is the procedure for changing the governing document or constitution?
- What do trustees need to do?
- Are there special rules for making certain changes, such as changing the objects?
- Do companies limited by guarantee need members’ approval?
- What is a Charity Commission Scheme?
Running time: 12 mins
Title page (0.23)
Key issues (1.22)
Unincorporated Association (1.19)
Company limited by guarantee (3.28)
Charitable incorporated organisation (1.45)
Charity Commission scheme (2.31)
Special thanks to:
Russell-Cooke and Nabarro
LawWorks, the presenters, and the organisations involved in producing these resources cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the use of the materials and they are not a substitute for taking appropriate legal advice.
Date last reviewed