Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre - Law in General



Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre
Queen Mary University of London
327 Mile End Road
E1 4NS
Phone number:
020 7882 3931

Opening Times

Clinic appointments are available every Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:30pm during term time only. Please note: to arrange an appointment please email or phone and leave a voicemail message with your contact details.
Area(s) of law:
Consumer, Contract, Crime, Employment, Family, Immigration, Intellectual property, Property, Wills and probate, Other

Other areas of law available

Company, Revenge Porn, Property (landlord and tenant/leasehold and freehold). Please note: the clinic is unable to advise on Insurance, Welfare Benefits, Housing (council/housing association) Tax, Education, Medical Negligence and Personal Injury.

Who can access this clinic?

The LAC service is available to: Members of the public from the local area, but the service is not restricted by borough; and Staff and students of Queen Mary University of London.

Information about accessibility

Disabled access available

This clinic offers the following service(s)

Written Advice, Initial Advice

You can access the service in the following way(s)


Summary of Service

Advice is delivered by LAC Student Advisers under the supervision of qualified lawyers. If you have an appointment for a advice session at the clinic you will: 1) Attend an appointment with two LAC Student Advisers and a qualified lawyer. 2) Receive free written advice within fourteen days. The aim of the appointment is to understand your legal issues and to gather information, legal advice is not provided during the appointment. Once the issues have been considered the clinic ensures that any legal advice provide is checked by a qualified lawyer. Following which the clinic can advise you on your legal position and what steps to take next. The clinic does not undertake casework or represent clients in the courts or at tribunals, but can refer you to other free legal advice providers who are able to offer representation. You will need to visit a legal advice centre (such as this one) to get this referral.