Delivered by Jason Freeman, Director at the Competition and Markets Authority, this session will provide:
- An overview of consumer rights law, including rights when purchasing goods, services and digital content, unfair terms, rights when buying on the doorstep and at a distance.
- Consumer protection regulations and the private right of action to obtain redress.
- A comprehensive overview of the legal tools which can be used for the purposes of consumer protection, and examples of how the legal tools can be used to help consumers obtain redress.
- An update on new developments in consumer protection law.
- A basic introduction to the powers and work of the Competition and Markets Authority and Trading Standards.
This webinar will last about one hour.