Delivered by Citizens Advice trainers, this session will help attendees (frontline workers and anyone advising the public) to spot the signs of gambling-related harm and help people to get the support they need.
It will support advisors to introduce screening and questioning tools to incorporate into existing advice-giving services and provide details of organisations to refer clients to.
The session will enable attendees to:
- Understand gambling in the current climate.
- Know what harms gambling can cause.
- Identify who is more at risk and how to spot the signs.
- Work with clients affected by gambling-related harm.
- Know what specialist support is available.