This session will focus on the legal and practical consequences of Brexit for family law.
Delivered by Lisette Dupre and Carolina Marin Pedreño, Partners at Dawson Cornwell LLO, the session will cover:
- Jurisdiction for divorce and finances following the end of the transitional period
- Recognition of divorce following the end of the transitional period
- Recognition of family law orders in EU countries, including Children Act orders
- Private international law that is applicable, especially the Hague Conventions
- Future anticipated changes, including possible accession to the Lugano Convention (2007)
There will be an opportunity at the end of the session to ask questions.