Delivered by an experienced barrister who specialises in publicly funded housing work and having undertaken housing casework at law centres, this session provides an overview of the law and practice relating to possession proceedings pursued against occupiers of residential property.
The session covers:
- the ways in which good advice and representation can help tenants who might otherwise lose their homes;
- Civil Procedure Rule Part 55 – Possession claims;
- occupant’s status (tenant/licensee);
- Housing Acts 1985 and 1988;
- Equality Act 2010 defences, public law defences and human rights; and,
- disrepair and LAA funding.