The awards celebrate the best legal pro bono activities undertaken by organisations and individuals and the positive impact they have had on those helped.
The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated at an Awards ceremony on Tuesday 7th December 2021.
Award categories and how to nominate
The categories for the 2021 awards are:
- Best Contribution by a Small or Medium Firm
- Best Contribution by a Large Firm
- Best Contribution by an In-house Team or an In-house Solicitor
- Best Contribution by an Individual
- Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award
- LawWorks Cymru Award
- Best Contribution by a Pro Bono Clinic
- Best International Pro Bono Award - in partnership with A4ID
- Best New Pro Bono Activity
- Most Effective Pro Bono Partnership
To be eligible nominees need to be a member of LawWorks (joining as of 1st October 2021), but the pro bono work does not have to be delivered through a LawWorks project, programme or by a clinic in the LawWorks Clinic Network. The pro bono work of clinics in the LawWorks Clinics Network can also be recognised in the appropriate categories.
Any firm, in-house team, clinic or individual can nominate itself or others for one or more of the categories listed. If you would like to make a nomination for more than one category, please complete a separate form for each nomination.
The deadline for nominations is 11:59pm on Monday 4th October 2021.
Judging and the awards event
All of the short-listed nominees will be invited to attend the Awards ceremony at the Law Society on Tuesday 7th December 2021.
The judging panel for the awards includes:
- Manda Banerji, Chair of the Law Society’s Junior Lawyers Division
- Yasmin Batliwala, Chief Executive of Advocates for International Development
- Clare Carter, Chief Executive of the Access to Justice Foundation
- Deborah Piccos, Chair of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates
- Paul Rogerson, Editor of the Law Society Gazette
- Lubna Shuja, Vice president of the Law Society of England and Wales
- + TBC
Need to get in touch?
If you have a question about the awards, please email:
We look forward to receiving your nominations!