The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
The awards celebrate the best legal pro bono activities undertaken by organisations and individuals and the positive impact they have had on those helped.
The LawWorks Annual Pro Bono Awards are kindly sponsored by Lexis Nexis.
Award categories and how to nominate
The categories for the 2020 awards are:
- Best contribution by a Small or Medium Firm
- Best Contribution by a Large Firm
- Best Contribution by an In-house Team or an In-house Solicitor
- Best Contribution by an Individual
- Junior Lawyers Division Pro Bono Award
- LawWorks Cymru Award
- Best Contribution by a Pro Bono Clinic
- Best International Pro Bono Award - in partnership with A4ID
- Best Digital / Virtual Pro Bono Activity
- Best New Pro Bono Activity
- Most Effective Pro Bono Partnership
Nominations have now closed.
Judging and the awards event
The annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards will be celebrated at an Awards ceremony on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Given the ongoing (Covid-19) social distancing guidance, we will be holding the ceremony as a remote/virtual event - details to be announced in due course.
The judging panel for the awards are:
- Stephanie Boyce, Deputy President of the Law Society
- Ruth Daniel, Chief Executive of the Access to Justice Foundation
- Paul Rogerson, Editor of the Law Society Gazette
- Adam Tear, Chair of the Solicitors Association of Higher Court advocates
- Chris Minnoch, Director of the Legal Aid Practitioners Group
- Koser Shaheen, Chair of the Law Society's Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division
- Heidi Sandy, Chair of the Law Society's Women Lawyers Division
- Yasmin Batliwala, Chief Executive of Advocates for International Development
- Mark Evans, Chair of Wales Committee of The Law Society and Council Member for North Wales
Need to get in touch?
If you have a question about the awards, please email:
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
The LawWorks Pro Bono Awards are kindly sponsored by: