Who should watch this?
Watch this if you are thinking about setting up a charity and are deciding what legal structure to use.
The content of this video is accurate as at September 2016.
What does the video cover?
The video will cover questions such as:
- What are the different structures available for charities?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of charitable trusts, unincorporated associations, companies limited by guarantee and charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs)?
- Which structures best protect trustees from personal liability?
- What is the difference between a company limited by guarantee and a CIO?
- What structures might a social enterprise use?
Running time: 18mins
- Title page (0.23)
- Introduction (0.25)
- Main structures (1.36)
- Charitable trusts (2.21)
- Unincorporated associations (2.33)
- Company limited by guarantee (5.38)
- Charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) (4.19)
- Summary (0.55)
Special thanks to:
Russell-Cooke and Nabarro.
LawWorks, the presenters, and the organisations involved in producing these resources cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the use of the materials and they are not a substitute for taking appropriate legal advice.
Date last reviewed